What's New

My Brand New Sentimentally Yours 2017 Xmas Stencils are now available at www.honeypotcrafts.co.uk!

Thursday 27 August 2015

Black & Cream - Joy

Good Morning Everyone,

Once again thank you all for your lovely comments on my previous blog.


Today's card is created in the ever popular black & ivory

Products used: (which are also links to Phill's website) :-)

8 x 8 Ivory Card Blank
Ivory Card stock
Black Card stock
Christmas Holly Flourishes Stamps A5
Christmas Holly Decorative Sentiment Stamps A5
Sue Wilson Noble Dies Ornate Pierced Rectangles
Sue Wilson Festive Collection Holly Accessory Kit Dies
Swirling Holly Embossing Folder
Black Soot Distress Ink
Black Seam Binding
Black P.V.A.


























First Layer  - Black card stock cut to 7.75 square
Second layer  - Ivory card stock cut to 7.5 square
Third layer Black card stock cut to 7.25 square
Then attach all three layers to main card blank.

Next I cut a piece of Ivory card to 7" square and using one of the Christmas Holly Flourish stamps and Black Soot Distress Ink I created the background. Next I embossed this using the Swirling Holly Embossing Folder.I then attached to card.


Sentiment
Using the 2nd and 3rd size Ornate Pierced Rectangle dies I cut this out using cream card and also a larger piece in black to back it onto.
Then I stamped the sentiment using Black Soot Distress Ink, adding these to the card using pads to give dimension.





Finishing Touches

I used Black Pearl P.V.A.around the edge of the centre die to embellish the sentiment.
Using the Holly Die and scraps of Ivory & Black card I cut out a few holly leaves and added these to the card.
Finally I made a triple bow using Black Seam Binding and added this along with a medium Dazzler.

                                                                     Happy Crafting





12 comments:

  1. Good morning, what an absolutely fabulous card!!! Love love love it!!! Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning phill, another stunning card, one day I hope to be as good as you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black & White is a classic, love it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barb, A lovely card, I'm loving the stamping.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card in very classy black and white. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card-very classy colour combination.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. very classy and elegant card today, you make black on a card look so pretty.
    And I love the new Christmas stamps

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your kind words and for taking the time to comment, your feedback is much appreciated ....... Barb x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barb, beautiful classy card it's lovely. Take care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi barb, gorgeous card x There's just something about black and white together x Classy xx :) Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Barb And Phill,
    Some People Don't Particularly Like Black On A Card But I Just Love It! I Think A Touch Of Black Makes The Card Pop And Like Where You've Used It Here Today With Your Ivory Card And Using Sue's Noble Dies And Then Phill's Truly Tremendous Stamps I Love The Stunning Background.
    Thanks For Sharing
    Hugs From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete