What's New

My Brand New Sentimentally Yours 2017 Xmas Stencils are now available at www.honeypotcrafts.co.uk!

Thursday 1 May 2014

Shades of Cream - Have a wonderful day!

Good Morning Everyone

This is another one of my sample cards from my shows on Create & Craft and the second demo I did on the 10am show. (even if I did finish it after the show lol)

This is what I used:
Kraft 8x8 Card Blank
Cream Card
Beige Card
Gathered Twigs Distress Ink Pad
Sentimentally Yours Lacy Rectangle Frames and Borders Collection A5 Stamp Set
Sentimentally Yours Everyday Flourish Collection A5 Stamp Set
Creative Expressions Micro Beads
Creative Expressions A4 Adhesive Sheets
Couture Creations Large Joes Garden Embossing Folder
Spellbinders Die D-Lites Blooms 3
Sue Wilson Foliage Dies
Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA Glue
Brown Ribbon

This is what I did:
I won't rattle on about matting and layering as you can see what I did from the photo, I did pierce around the edge of the first beige layer to add interest.
I stamped the large Lacy Rectangle Frame onto some beige card using the Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and cut it out (easy to do too!), then I embossed it with the embossing folder, then distressed the edges and glittered them.
I stamped the smaller lacy rectangle frame onto cream card, using the gathered twigs and cut it out, then stamped the 'Have a wonderful day' sentiment from the Everyday Flourish Collection. (I masked off the frame around the sentiment with removable tape, then inked it, then removed the tape, then stamped the sentiment (that will mean you just get the words, with no frame (even better value!!) (If you look closely, I have actually third generation stamped the bottom flourish of the frame under the sentiment as I wanted to add a feint flourish (I'll show you how to do this soon)
This was mounted onto a piece of Kraft card and cut around.
The border consists of three layers, the first is a small one with one of the lacy borders stamped onto it, the second is a bit bigger, with pierced edges, the third is larger again and this time it was stuck to self adhesive sheet and covered with micro beads (lovely!)
I die cut one of each flower die in kraft card and in cream card and two sets of leaves in cream card.
The flower centre is actually Pearl PVA Glue covered in micro bead (looks amazing!)
I finished off by making a triple bow in brown ribbon and a set of 'tails' to put at the bottom of the card, added a couple of small clear dazzlers... job done!
I love the neutral colours of this card and how the frame gives it a really elegant finish.
TOP TIP - When I attach the flowers and leaves to my cards, I always put the flowers on where I want them and tuck the leaves underneath,.. :-)

You'll find most of the products I used on my show on my website here..



I hope you like it!




6 comments:

  1. Phill, this was a lovely card to see almost made lol. You do so well working with those guys. Loved all the stamps and saw you in action at Ally Pally this time around. Just found your blog and wished I lived closer to your shop.
    Regards Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the show , loved the products and your cards are wow. janex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the shows loved the stamps and what you created with them thank you phill love June xxc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely card I haven't used Kraft card (yet - I bought some at Ally Pally) so will try to do something similar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards. Enjoyed watching the shows and pleased you're back to blogging again! Thanks, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evening Phill I love this card Phill its really pretty. I love how you do the upside down bows. Phill I hope you dont mind if I make this card as I love it xx

    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete