What's New

My Brand New Sentimentally Yours 2017 Xmas Stencils are now available at www.honeypotcrafts.co.uk!

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Just a note....

Good Morning Everyone

It's now stopped raining and the sun is shining! :-)

This is another one of my sample cards from my shows on Create & Craft....

This is what I used:
Kraft 8x8 Card Blank
Cream Card
Kraft Card 
Sentimentally Yours Circle Frame & Flourish Collection A5 Stamp Set
Sentimentally Yours Damask Background and Damask Borders & Icons A6 Stamp Sets
Cosmic Shimmer Ivory Pearl PVA
Medium Dazzlers
Sue Wilson A4 Quilted Flower Embossing Folder
Spellbinders Gold Labels Dies
Brown Ribbon


This is what I did:
I won't rattle on about matting and layering as you can see what I did from the photo...
The second layer is cream card and I have stamped a random (ish) pattern using the largest and smallest of the Damask Icon stamps,.. the smaller has been stamped as a second generation (lighter tone of the same ink)
The third layer is kraft card and I have used the Ivory Pearl pva to create faux pearls all the way around.
The fourth layer cream card and I have stamped the damask background stamp in the centres, just enough to show through the aperture :-).
The fifth layer is kraft card, embossed using the quilted flower embossing folder. I have also cut an aperture in this using the gold labels dies. (Aperture was cut first)
I then die cut a layer in kraft card and a layer in cream card, stamped the sentiment onto the cream card.
I also used autumn bronze gilding wax around the edges (gives a beautiful pearlescent sheen!)
All edges were distressed, apart from the actual card and the kraft and cream layer :-)
The layers are difficult to see on the photo, but I have created dimension using foam pads.
I finished off with my signature upside down triple bow in brown ribbon.
Popped a medium dazzler in the centre and job done.. easy peasy :-) 
TOP TIP - Save time and do the faux pearls with the pva beforehand, to give them time to set properly.

You'll find most of the products I used on my show on my website here.. 

You'll find the full range of Polished Silk Glitters here..



Hope you like it!



8 comments:

  1. This is yet another beautiful card Phill you do inspire me I just wished I lived close by your shop to come to workshops but I would have too far to travel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is yet another beautiful card Phill you do inspire me I just wished I lived close by your shop to come to workshops but I would have too far to travel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and so were your shows! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card phill I too wish I could visit your shop and come to workshops I live in Warrington too far away but I am looking forward to a big craft show coming to Bolton on 31st may I went to the one in Doncaster last year so pleased it's coming north thank you phill love June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Phil. Great card, I love the colours you have used. I am off to have a good look at your blog and website as this is my first visit, I don't know why I haven't found it before as I love your style of crafting and also love watching you on C & C -you and Dean make a brilliant double act : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Phill
    Love the Ribbon under the Tag.
    Looking forward to seeing you on C/craft again.....I hope its with Dean you two make me laugh out loud, and as I'm by myself that's good!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete