What's New

My Brand New Sentimentally Yours 2017 Xmas Stencils are now available at www.honeypotcrafts.co.uk!

Monday 5 May 2014

Believe in yourself......

Good Morning Everyone

This is another one of my sample cards from my shows on Create & Craft....
(Now, aren't you impressed,.... I've blogged for the last 5 days in a row!) lol

This is what I used:
Cream 8x8 Card Blank
Beige Card
Tan Card 
Sentimentally Yours Quotes of Inspiration Collection A5 Stamp Set
Cosmic Shimmer Gunmetal Polished Silk Glitter
Medium Dazzlers
Double Sided Adhesive Sheet
Spellbinders Radiant Rectangle Dies
Couture Creations Large Joes Garden Embossing Folder
Brown Ribbon
5mm Pearls


This is what I did:
I won't rattle on about matting and layering as you can see what I did from the photo...
The 8x8 card blank was trimmed to an 8x6.
The second layer is beige card.
The third layer is tan card.
The fourth layer is beige card and it was covered in the self adhesive sheet and dusted with the beautiful gunmetal polished silk glitter (my new fave glitter!!), this is a much softer glitter than those we usually see, still has sparkle, but understated and classy. 
This piece of glittered card was then embossed with the Joes Garden embossing folder... It looks amazing! and even better than the photo in 'real life'.
The embossed, glittered card, feels like velvet and none of the glitter rubs off!
I then die cut the centre frame and oval layers from the Radiant Rectangles die set, making sure I had a tan base layer and cream layers to go on top.
I stamped the sentiment onto cream card, using black memento ink, using te masking technique to cover the frame so I only got the words (see my previous posts on how to do this)
I made a border of the tan and beige card, then pierced the top and bottom of the tan border..
The die cut rectangles are on layers of foam pads, to add height and dimension.
I finished off my my signature upside down triple bow and tails :-) and a sparkly dazzler, with a few pearls on the edges of the border.
TOP TIP - You can make beautiful glittered layers and borders on your projects by using double sided tape, rather than doing a full top layer as I have. The glitter is super fine, like a powder, so it does go a long, long way!

The Quotes of Inspiration stamps are perfect for adding meaningful words to our projects,... I love words on cards, they make them (I think) so much more elegant :-)
And remember, you don't have to use them with the frames around them (see my previous posts on how to mask off the frames) 

You'll find most of the products I used on my show on my website here.. 

You'll find the full range of Polished Silk Glitters here..



Hope you like it!



6 comments:

  1. A truly elegant card Phill, the bow is gorgeous and love the sentiment too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW to the card and WOW to the 5 days worth of blogs! Knowing how busy you are I really appreciate it Love your cards for the inspiration they provide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Phill !
    I love this card, and 5 days of blog ! its wonderful to see your work.
    Keep going Phill..I've been following Sue since 2010 everyday, and your next lol!
    Take Care
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Phill. My stamps have arrived so need start creating. Have a lovely day at the garden centre. Ours has a craft shop. Bet you have a look if there's one where your going lol. Crafty love, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab Phill love it , love the chocolate bow too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card as always Phil, so beautiful, clean & elegant.x

    ReplyDelete